GRGB offers a comprehensive fault diagnostic service to evaluate the overall performance and condition of your vehicles transmission. We can determine what type of problem you have and make accurate recommendations.
- Our gearbox diagnostic service utilises the same electronic vehicle scan. We check the level and condition of your transmission fluid, check your gearbox on a ramp and test drive your vehicle.
- Transmission fluid is normally reddish brown and translucent, depending on transmission type.
- Low level fluid may suggest a leak, contaminated fluid will contain water or other particles in it and signs of burnt fluid may indicate heat damage.
- Check the level and condition of transfer case and differential fluid if applicable.
- Road test your car with an experienced gearbox specialist to evaluate your car’s performance and note any problems experienced.
- We check your vehicle via a car ramp and inspect the controls under the vehicle for any possible problems external to the transmission.
What our customers think
Problem with my van was diagnosed quickly. I was given a loan car to get me back home to Taunton. The van was delivered back to my home the following day having had the flywheel and clutch replaced. It’s now like driving a new van. Excellent service.
Mr A Moore
5 stars and I mean 5 stars they do a good job for a good price I’ve been in business for 32 years and I can’t remember NOT using them, I can send my customers there and know they will be looked after.
Avon Valley Garage
Very helpful staff who gave me a very personal service and were able to repair my car very quickly. The price for repair was very competitive and a lot cheaper than what I had been quoted by three other garages! I am also very impressed with the after service and the fact that I can take my car back at both 500 & 6000 miles for them to check that the repair. Would definitely use again and would recommend to friends/family.