Gloucester Road Gearboxes Ltd General Privacy Notice
Who are we?
We are Gloucester Road Gearboxes Ltd and have been trading since 1979, we are a car repair garage and specialise in all transmission related work. Our registered address is The Warehouse, Barton Manor, St Phillips, Bristol, BS2 0RL. Our company registration number is 4745974 VAT no. 810838145.
What information do we collect about you?
We request your contact information voluntarily at the point of you making contact with us, including request for quotes or at any time until you leave your vehicle with us. We will ask you to provide us with your name, address and contact telephone number and email address if necessary.
Your contact details will also be recorded on our daily work sheets.
All telephone calls are recorded in order to be able to review details of verbal contracts. In the unfortunate event of any complaints, the telephone calls may be shared with any interested parties involved in this. If a payment is made over the telephone using card details, we will pause the telephone call so that the card details are not recorded.
How will we use the information we collect?
We collect information about you in order to be able to contact you in relation to the progress and queries in relation to the work on your vehicle. If you agree, we may also contact you with regards to providing us with a review of our services via text message.
We may use telephone calls for training purposes and to review any contractual obligations, for example an agreed quote.
We will only use information from our website from forms you voluntarily complete to make contact with ourselves. We do not routinely pass your information to any third parties. If required, we will only pass your information on to a third party with your explicit consent, unless the following circumstances apply:
- We are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- Our business enters a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with the new owners or business partners.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us on the below:
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Gloucester Road Gearboxes, The Warehouse, Barton Manor, St Phillips, Bristol, BS2 0RL.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
All telephone calls are retained for 18 months which cover any warranty period.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/.